Hey SUNY Oneonta Students!
Have you ever considered joining a Greek organization? The Greek community on the SUNY Oneonta campus consists of 8 recognized sororities and 8 recognized fraternities.
The sororities are: Chi Upsilon Sigma, Mu Sigma Upsilon, Lambda Theta Alpha, Phi Sigma Sigma, Pi Delta Chi, Sigma Delta Tau, Sigma Gamma Phi, and Sigma Sigma Sigma.
The fraternities are: Alpha Epsilon Pi, Alpha Phi Delta, Alpha Sigma Phi, Chi Phi, Lambda Sigma Upsilon, Phi Beta Sigma, Phi Kappa Psi, and Zeta Beta Tau.
Students choose to go Greek for many different reasons, such as: academic excellence, community service, leadership experiences, and inter-Greek relations.
These are the criteria for joining a Greek organization:
1. You must be a full time student at SUNY Oneonta.
2. You must have at least 12 credits from an institution of higher education.
3. You must have a minimum of a 2.50 GPA
4. First semester freshman are not allowed to join a Greek organization, but can still attend recruitment events.
There are 3 times that you can pre-register:
1. Sunday, August 24th 5-7 pm in Mills and Wilsbach
2. Monday August, 25 5-7 pm in Grant, Huntington, Hulbert, Curtis and Ford Halls
3. Tuesday, August 26 5-7 pm in Grant, Huntington, Hulbert, Curtis and Ford Halls
All students who plan to join a Greek organization must attend one orientation session:
1. Wednesday, August 27 in the Red Dragon Theatre 5:30-6:30 pm
2. Tuesday, September 2 in the Red Dragon Theatre from 8:30-9:30 pm
Meet the Greeks will be Wednesday, August 27 in the quad from 3-5 pm (rain location: Hunt Ballroom)
If you have any questions feel free to contact:
Chelsey Kupferman, IGC Sorority Recruitment Chair email@example.com
Russell Lowe, IGC Fraternity Recruitment Chair firstname.lastname@example.org