Wednesday, October 26, 2011

George Lenz - Alpha Phi Delta

Hello everybody, this is not just my first ever Greek blog but also my first ever blog period.  First of all I would like to introduce myself. I am George Lenz of Alpha Phi Delta fraternity, I was inducted last fall as a part of the lambda class. This month so far has been quite a busy one for Alpha Phi Delta.  On October 7th I was given an introductory meeting as to what I would be doing here as a blogger and I was given the down low on what I would be doing so that I can now bring you all the latest Alpha Phi Delta news. First on October 5th I attended Get them to the greeks. I was actually given the privilege to participate as part of the panel during this event.  The event was hosted by the multi cultural organizations on campus and introduced us to some of their traditions and what makes them stand out amongst other organizations, as well as showing us how we are all alike. What was nice about this was not only did they teach us about their organizations but they were just as interested in learning how us “mainstream” organizations do things as well. On October 9th Alpha Phi Delta held a walk for autism along side with Sigma Sigma Sigma. I believe I speak for all the fraternity brothers when I say we had a blast with this. It lasted from 10:30 until 3 pm and consisted of many different games and lots of food. Some of the games included water pong, some people were shooting hoops on the open basketball hoop, and we had a failed attempt at creating a human bubble game, although it was a great idea, and we had a lot of fun in our failure. We also painted Hunt Union windows with Sigma Sigma Sigma. I did not attend this event but word on the street was that it was quite a blast, and the art work looked beautiful.  On October 11th, Mr. and Mrs. Oneonta pageant was held. This event was a lot of fun and I would like to congratulate all the participants and people involved in putting together such a fantastic event. Our very own Mr. Ray Krisa held his own up on stage. He provided humor during the creative segment as well as quite a spectacle during the formal wear segment. The girls in the crowd (and perhaps some guys) got quite rowdy as he walked out in nothing but a tie and slacks. I don’t think you can get any closer to the definition of stud than that. And that’s the end of my first blog, let me know how I did in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment